Back in March 2002 Steve bought a new Ford Explorer Sport Trac from Prestige Ford. It was a promo special, marked down to just under $20k from a list of nearly $27k. He has driven it through many experiences--a couple of years back and forth from Plano to Denison to work at Grayson County Airport, several jaunts to New Orleans and back during the PBLS era, and in a number of other assorted adventures. I have used it to haul mulch and compost. Steve loaded a Honda CB750K in it when he bought it, and again when he sold it and delivered it to the buyer. It has been piled high with mattresses and furniture and boxes and bags and sundries. It has hauled industrial parts, sporting goods, and even Deion Sanders and his wife from Denison to their home in Prosper after Steve flew them to Las Vegas and back.
But alas, it now has 120+K miles on it, and the American automobile industry is in the ditch. So we decided to do our part and help the economy. Steve did some research and came up with the New Deal, a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac (XLT this time!) from Five Star Ford. This one is a promo special, marked down to just under $20k from a list of $27k. Steve is in awe of the fact that he can buy a brand new vehicle nearly seven years later and better equipped, for the same price he paid on his old one!
And against my better judgment I let him get a red one this time. Because that was the only one the dealer had at this price!
3 comments:
Oooh! Fancy!! How exciting! We did our part to help out the economy and bought a new computer. Ours was significantly smaller than your purchase though. :) Cool new wheels Daddy-o.
Hi there,
Just want to thank you for all of your thoughtful comments on my blog. We're doing great. I think we need to have a Q&A section so everyone can shoot me their questions. By the way, maybe Steve can find us an amazing deal on a huge Suburban for our huge family? Julie
I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up my blog reading! Things got a little busy with our guests etc. I love the new truck. SO flashy. :)
Post a Comment