Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Patio, Part II

Remember how ugly the back alcove used to be?



It isn't so ugly anymore!
For my 37th anniversary present, Daddy bought me three bags of cement mix and carried them from the car truck to the back patio. I only used 1 1/2 bags to fill in the holes. No more dangerous holes to step in! More room on the patio.
It only took me 1 1/2 hours to mix the cement, pour it into the holes, pack it around the stepping stones, and press in the little pebbles, to make it match the existing rock patio.
I need to keep it moist while it cures, so I take my spray bottle and mist it over every couple of hours. Oh, that is now. Got to go mist the rocks!





2 comments:

Nate and Robin said...

That's fun for you. I like projects that make you feel like you've really done something that YOU wanted done. I'm looking forward to see your family on the 7th. Have a great Independence Day.

Lana said...

It looks good--I want to see a backed up shot so that I can get an idea of the whole thing together. It's hard to remember it in my head! I thought about you guys yesterday for your anniversary. Sorry I didn't call. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Love you lots--see you this weekend!!