Gary Nielson, the husband of my best friend Marjean, died on Wed, June 24 about 2:30 p.m. He was 60 and had colon and liver cancer. For the past 15 months he has endured chemotherapy treatments. He passed away at home.
The funeral was today. It was raining when Steve and I drove to the church at 10:30 a.m. with the fresh fruit I had cut up for the luncheon. It rained while the people were coming.
But inside, the building was flowing with beauty and the spirit. The decorating talents of Sharon Robison and Shirley Kearl were amazing.
Following the eulogy, Marjean and Tara played an organ piano duet of "Beautiful Savior." Before they did, she walked to the microp
This week they fly to SLC for the interment. Tara will go to college this fall. Marjean will continue to teach Chemistry at PESH until she can retire in a couple of years. She and I will begin walking together this fall. I am looking forward to our walks and chats. I need her friendship and I think all of it will be good for her too. Keep them in your prayers.
And after the luncheon was over, as Steve and I walked out of the church, the rain had gone, the air was fresh and cool, washed clean for the moment. Funerals usually make me pensive!
No comments:
Post a Comment