Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back from Idaho

On Monday, June 1st, I drove from Provo, Utah to Weiser, Idaho, with a stop after Boise to visit my former BYU room mate, Anita Norris Bake. So interesting that I was raised on a farm while she was the city girl. Now I am the city girl and she is living on a large farm, with all the garden, fruit canning, watering, weeding, etc, and driving miles everywhere. We caught up on old times in an hour.

I arrived at my mother's house in Weiser, Idaho in time to go to the "empty nester FHE" supper. Good visiting with lots of people. I spent the rest of the week either visiting with my family members (Lucy and family on Tuesday, Linda and family on Wednesday, and Clyde and all his children and their children on Friday, and Chris on Saturday) or deep cleaning my mother's four bedroom, two bath farm house. I did some good work, as most of you know that is my specialty - cleaning! My mother is grateful for my help as her back and hip give her lots of pain and lack of mobility.

We also were editing her life history that she began handwriting quite some time ago. Carl and Bridgette got it on the computer and a flash drive. I am going to go through it when I get home, making typo and editing corrections, date changes, adding more details, etc. Mother is going to continue writing for sections that were missing, and continuing with her history from 1972 to present. She still has a lot of writing to do.

The Zaugg home, owned by Nola Woods and her husband, are transforming the big barn and shed in the back into a produce farmer's market. They are calling it "The Buttermilk Farm". Soon the big barn will be painted a bright red and when the produce starts coming out of the field, there will be lots of traffic at my mother's house. She is excited with all the goings on, and she has company all the time in the yard.

Now I am back in Provo for two days. Staci had to take Wesley for xrays and a CT scan. Always something exciting. More later.

2 comments:

Nate and Robin said...

Did they find anything with the x-ray and CT scan? I hope that he's okay.

LadyCarma said...

Robin: check Staci's blog for more details on Wesley's condition. The ENT said they will monitor his underdeveloped larynis and he will probably outgrow the problem within a year. Staci's wishes the pediatrician had sent her to the ENT first thing, before the xrays and CT scan. Oh well. At least they know what it isn't!