I am here in Mesa, AZ to help Lana for the arrival of her baby - no - I am not helping with the delivery, just tending Tatum and Dame while Lana and Porter go do the thing at the hospital while I pray and worry at their house. Her due date is officially on Tuesday, May 5.
But is this a race to see who comes first?
I am sitting in Sunday School class this morning, with Lana at home and Porter having taken Dane home at the end of Sacrament. I think: Maybe I had better have my cell phone out in case they need us to come home from church to tend Dane. I pull out my cellphone and see I have a missed call
Oh, no, I think as I quickly click on the "missed calls". Oh, NO, I think as I see the missed call is from Staci. My heart starts to race. Is she in labor? Will I need to head to Provo before baby Shumway makes his appearance?
I step out in the hallway and call the voice mail: Staci: I just wanted to see if Lana had any more serious contracts, if she had the baby yet. Keep me posted.
Whew! Relief. Staci isn't in labor yet. Her due date is May 20. Now if these babies can get their act together to stay on the schedule, I will not have to panic. As of Sunday night, no serious labor pains in Mesa. Could be any day or night. Keep an eye on our blogs for the exciting news, TBA.
Side note: tonight Steve and I went to Jennifer Roberts Roy house in Mesa and meet our former bishop in Plano 2nd ward, fall 1980, Tom Roberts and his wife Glenda and their family. What a great time we had catching up on every one's news.
Life is wonderful, isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What fun! Don't these babies know they are supposed to live closer together if they are going to compete for your attention?
Post a Comment