The picture you se
Forty years after graduating from high school, about 100 of my classmates from Emmett High School met in Eagle, Idaho for a reunion. I was surprised by how many people I recognized. I was disappointed in how many classmates weren't able to be there, and was sadden
Steve and I flew from Ontario on Monday, August 11 for a quick business meeting at the Boise airport, then to Spanish Fork, Ut airport, then to Provo airport where Eric Avarell, Staci's husband, picked us up and took us to see their new apartment on 300 South. Eric even took me around the block on the tandem bike. He did all the work - I just enjoyed the ride and the wind in my face! Staci and Eric fed us a nice barbeque dinner, then we went to LeGrand's and watched the Olympics on his big screen TV downstairs.
Tuesday morning Steve met with the gear lab people in Payson until noon, and I met him at the airport with Subway salads which we ate before we flew to St. George, Ut. Beautiful smooth flying and great country to see as we landed at 2 p.m. and took a cab to SkyWest headquarters for a business meeting. Rhonda Garner picked us up at 5:00, took us to their cute home, where we met up with Lance after he got off work. We did an early dinner at Appleby's and they took us back to the plane for our two hour flight to Mesa, AZ-Gateway Field, landing at 7:30 p.m. AZ time, just as the sun was setting. More beautiful world to see on that flight.
We stayed at Lana and Porter's house for the next three days: I painted doors and trim and baseboards for three days, while Steve, with Lana's assistance, replaced three outdoor lights, hung the new dining room chandelier, replaced a broken electrical outlet, and hung a shelf on the wall. Best of all, he played with Tatum and Dane and kept them out of the paint.
Friday night Lana, Porter, Steve and I went to On the Border for supper, then to the movie (with free passes they had) "Get Smart." Saturday morning Steve and I took off at 8:15 a.m. and flew non-stop to Sherman in exactly five hours, and drove home to Plano by 4:30 p.m.
What is my advice for this blog entry: enjoy life as it comes, and go with the flow! How I wish I would have spent more time playing with my children and family instead of worrying about how clean the house was, or if the dishes and laundry were washed!
3 comments:
Good for you, still having home evening. It's the greatest!!
Thanks for the sharing the photos! My mom was telling me some of the stories you shared from your substituing. Sounds like an adventure.
And the kitchen is beautiful!!! So glad you're happy with it!
I didn't know you got to see Anita. That must have been lots of fun! So nice of her to drive down and see you. I'm glad you had a good time on that trip. It was good to be with you even for just a little bit.
Post a Comment