Monday, July 30, 2012

California, here we come!

Tuesday afternoon we took the boys to get haircuts at Supercuts.  While Ben sits in the chair, Daddy holds the Iphone with video to keep Ben entertained.  He was perfectly patient.
Cassius is finished with his hair cut.
Both boys with all their cuteness and short hair.
Steve and I headed for Poway, California on Monday, July 23 in the afternoon, arriving at our Ramada Inn motel room about 8:30 p.m.  We could have made it in six hours but just south of I-10 on I-215 South we were slowed for a field fire.

We saw flames on the guardrail posts as we drove by the area with many firemen and trucks controlling the fire.  A harvested wheat field was burning for over 45 minutes, slowing all the traffic of curious drivers.  It took us 50 minutes to drive 12 miles.  I took this photo on the drive back toward home on Friday.  We are pretty sure the fire was started from a careless driver on the freeway.
We had a passenger on the way home.  We picked up Zeke from Boy Scout Camp on the island across the water from SeaWorld by 9:30 a.m. Friday morning, to return him home to our subdivision so he could compete in his judo tournament Saturday morning.  We found out on the drive home that his mother was admitted to the hospital, third time this month, due to poor health issues.  Zeke slept most of the way home.

Counsel:  Although I don't want to ever live in California due to the traffic and high cost of living, I love the weather and the sights.  It is a beautiful state.  No matter where you live, find something to love about it.


No comments: