Almost two year old Wesley was fascinated each morning with the folding of the blankets and bedding to put the air mattress up against the wall, leaving him more play area. He couldn't wait to see the "coats." That is what he called the sleeping bags. They are made of the same slick padded material that a coat is made from. He called them "coats" most mornings, though we continued to say "sleeping bags."
Friday morning, April 9, as I folded up the bedding, he called them "sleeping bags." He said it several times so I knew he had mastered the two words. Saturday evening as he was playing after supper and before bedtime, this was the scene in the living room.

Notice the air mattress against the wall and the blue and red sleeping bags rolled at the base of it.
In his playing and running around, he saw the bags lying there, and pointing at them said:
"sleeping...."
Pause
"sleeping..."
Pause
"Sleeping coats!"
We thought it was funny. He knew it had two words and he knew the words, but his cute little mind was trying to pull up the right two words.
He is darling!
Before I end this post, with a promise for more pictures and stories to follow, here are a few pictures I took with my camera.

Taken Wednesday, March 30, the day after I arrived at their apartment. Reese is two weeks old.
Wesley is twenty two months old.
I am too old!

Taken Sunday, April 10, in our Sunday clothes following church meetings and choir practice.
Reese is a sweet little girl, mostly content to be held, but sleeping quite well for a tiny baby. She is three weeks and a few days old.
I am well rested and feeling great.
Do I look old?

Taken Monday, April 11 in the morning, while she is taking her morning nap on the living room couch, nestled in the pillows and blankets. Can you believe all that dark, long hair?
Though you can't see her eyes, they are turning blue.
Wesley has big brown eyes, but Reese has all her mother's features, including the big blue eyes.
I wonder what color Reese's hair will be when she gets older? Blond like her mom?
My advice for this post: when you fly from the west coast to the east coast, don't let the three hour time difference bother you. Stay up really late the first night and sleep in the next morning.
P.S. Thanks for all the fun and good times Staci and family. I can't believe two weeks went so fast.
1 comment:
That story is so cute! I'll have to call them sleeping coats from now on. :)
And thanks for the pictures, everyone looks darling--including you! And Reese is SO adorable. Love it!
Post a Comment