Saturday, April 16, 2011

My first outing with Wesley to Music Makers

On Wednesday, March 30th, we bundled up the baby and Wesley (literally, because it was still cold in Hartford) and drove to Staci's church house for the young mother's with preschoolers activity called Music Makers. I had gone with Staci last October. I knew it would be a fun time for Wesley and a picture opportunity. I was not disappointed.


First, Wesley saw the camera and smiled for me.








Mommy/Staci was visiting with her many friends, talking about the baby's birth, and displaying the mommy wrap that holds Reese close against her body. Reese slept the entire time. There is nothing she loves better than being next to her mommy.







There was snack time during story time. While one mother reads a picture story book to the children, they sit on the floor and eat snacks.

Well, some of them "sit" and some run around and do their own thing. Wesley usually scams another child's snack, or rather, offers one of his crackers!


During the free time, Wesley found a basket ball and would walk with it in his arms to the basket area, look up at the basket, and then shoot the ball toward the net. He was way short of making the basket, but he knew the technique. Eric saw the pictures later and wondered when Wesley had ever seen him shoot a basket! Little people are like sponges. They soak up whatever they see or hear.












I think in this shot he was showing off for his friend Emi.








Time in the church cultural hall would not be complete without playing "ready, set, go". Wesley stands at the wall, looks around, then starts running, with arms pumping and legs churning. It is the cutest sight!






Even though I held out my arms for him to run to, he didn't prefer me. It was always mommy or his little friend Emi.






Only later did I realize the "story" of this photo. The little boy in the front of the shot is the ward nursery bully! Okay, that may be too strong a word, but he kept trying to take the basketball away from Wesley and kept telling Wesley what to do. Wesley, however, was not differed by the bigger boy! He held onto the ball and ran away.







The moms and kids are doing various activities to the CD music of "See Me Run" or "Let's Go Fly a Kite". Wesley is searching for someone special. "Where is my girl friend Emi?"






"Oh, there she is. I think she needs a hug and kiss!"
"Nice", as he would say.







Kite flying (with plastic garbage bags with strings attached) around the cultural hall. With no kite in his hand, Wesley ran around and did circles and jumps. All boy, that kid!






"Is this mom a giant?"
" Why is she so tall?"

I sometimes wonder what goes through children's minds at times like this.




I think he was resting. After all, he had run around the entire cultural hall (we do NOT call it a gym in MY book, please!) at least twenty times. Needless to say, when we got home and fed him lunch, he went to sleep immediately.

I love playing with Wesley or any of my grandchildren. What great little minds they have.


I need advice on this post: why is it when you zoom in to take a closer shot, the colors darken?

No comments: