Monday, February 28, 2011

Before and after projects

Len has gone home, all finished with wiring, installing, and repairing.
Here are a few before and after photos:


Can you guess where this is in our house? In order to install this tall heavy unit, Len had to stand on the 16' high ladder we borrowed, Steve and I stood on both sizes of the 8' ladder, lifting up the heavy fan and down rod up to Len to hook into the support rack. The fan itself weighed 40 pounds. It was quite the feat.







There was no "before" picture for this project. It is the vent and light that is now in the master bedroom toilet/closet. It is so quiet. When Len got in the attic to connect the new vent tubing he discovered there was already a pipe through the roof. The building never installed the vent that was plumbed to be used.




The hanging light fixture in the kitchen, though bright, was ugly and big. And it had paint on the top metal part. Lazy painters! From the first time I saw it, I wanted to replace it. Now I finally have my wish.










This is the new ceiling fan and light over the breakfast table. It was moved from the master bedroom as it matches the fan and light in the family room. I am searching for a replacement bowl so the light can shine through a little brighter. Do you notice anything about the table setting?






This is the new ceiling fan and light in the formal living room. It has an eight foot extension rod, an upper and lower light feature and three speed fan. We are searching for a remote that has all those features in it so we can turn the light on and off. This was a steal of a deal at Home Depot. Originally a $300 fan, I paid $125. It is elegant and large for this very high ceiling. So now we have light in the living room for the home teachers!




This is the master bedroom fan and light installed when we bought the house. It was moved to the kitchen breakfast table area. Notice how far it is from the ceiling with the down rod. It always gave me an overpowering feeling when I lay in bed.




The new ceiling fan, with a flush mount base, a lighter colored wood for the blades, and a lighter bowl for the light to shine through. Thanks to Home Depot, this fan was a great buy at $60.






My advice: When buying display fans at Home Depot on clearance, take some tools into the store so you have proper pliers and screwdrivers to remove the bolts and screws.

No comments: