
I got some good advice from Dallin and Steve after viewing my patio-in-progress. I bought 12 more stones and changed a few things. Steve carried them from his truck to put them in place while I sanded underneath.

I leveled each stone with more sand on a corner here, a corner or center there, and then pushed sand into the spaces around each stone. I will need to go back over the spaces and sand more as it settles and fills the cracks.

I also planted the wild strawberrys that I had dug up as I prepared the bed of the patio. The wild strawberries grow anyway, but with a few more weeks of fall and warm weather, the starts should get a few roots in the soil before the frost and cold of winter. We are having another week of 90 degree daytime temperatures, and 69-71 degrees at night. Lovely fall in Texas!
I may change my mind about putting floor tile on the top of these stones. I kind of like the pristine look. What is your opinion?
6 comments:
No tile, stick with stone. It's more outside-y looking, and I suspect the stones will be settling and fidgeting around for a few years and you won't want to be fixing cracked or chipped tiles all the time. Plus, no tile means less back-breaking labor!
Looks good though. All you need is a basketball hoop and you're ready for some smack-talking hoops games with Wanda next door.
I think it looks great as it is. I can't even imagine how it would look with the tile. Now it looks clean and exact, a great patio!
I agree...no tile. Stones are cool looking. They are super thick--where'd you find them? Looks good thusfar.
Lana, the 18x18 stepping stones were Home Depot for $4.49 each. They are very thick and heavy.
To quote Clark (1982): "This is heavy, this is heavy!"
Looks awesome as is! If you want to use your tile to bring the decor to your outdoor living space, I'd use it to top a counter-level table to go next to your grill or be moved for various uses.
Oooh! I agree with Guinevere. Accessorize with tile! :) But I wouldn't lay it on top of those awesome stones. It looks beautiful! Good work little lady!
Post a Comment