I had a garage sale last Friday and Saturday. I got rid of a lot of junk from the attic and the garage, too much stuff from living in the same house for almost 28 years. I donated more dollar value to Goodwill and Veteran's than I got in cash at the sale, but my objective in "cleaning" was obtained.
Unfortunately, I did not think of the good idea of how to be a missionary until I was lying exhausted in bed Friday night. The thought: put a few copies of the Book of Mormon on the table and tag them "free." So, I did.
Saturday morning a woman was milling around, looking at several items, and kept returning to the table where the $10 men's watch with sunglasses were displayed for sale. The copies of the Book of Mormon were sitting right by the watches. As I turned to the back door and stepped inside, she picked up a copy of the book say: "I'll just take one of these, if that's alright", and was gone in a flash. I didn't see for sure, but I think she was almost hurrying out of my yard! I just pray she reads it with the right spirit.
So, my advice on missionary work: be creative, and listen to the spirit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's a really cool story. Hopefully she has a good experience through that. Either way you'll have the blessings of following the spirit. :)
Post a Comment