Since moving to Las Vegas just over two years ago, I compared how I look now to what I looked like in 1998 when this picture was taken. Clark was on his mission and I was growing my hair long, putting henna on it for the color. And the curl was all natural, using gel to keep it from frizzing. My, how styles change. I still have the autumn colored pant suit.

Compare how I look a month ago, taken on Thursday, November 3 at practice to put on our website for the choir. I think I have a few more wrinkles! A little less vibrant red hair, and short too. I don't like getting old, but it is better than the alternative!
When we first moved to the Beverly Glen ward I was called as the Relief Society music director and I held that job for almost a year before they changed my calling last November to Relief Society teacher, once a month lesson. I loved the call too much I guess!
In May 2010 I was called as the second counselor in the Primary presidency, with 22 Primary children and I got to write and direct the Primary Sacrament meeting presentation for October 23. These pictures were taken at the Saturday morning rehearsal. There are some really cute children in our ward.
On the left is Emily Post (really, that is her name), Tyler Seastrand, the president's son, and Sarah Jepson, the Relief Society president's daughter.
On the right in the background are the cutest Sunbeams. You can see their teacher, Sister Leavitt, in black, sitting on the steps helping them do the actions for "Book of Mormon Stories." They are the cutest, smartest Primary children.
This is the CTR class, with the Primary president Sister Seastrand sitting on the back row. Cute girls, wiggly boys! Our presentation turned out quite well. They made me proud!

This morning the Primary children sang the prelude music before Sacrament began. You can see the few children on the stand, the Christmas decorations on the stand along with the flowers to decorate for the season. If you look closely on the right near the front row, between Brother and Sister Walters, you can see my short red hair and my green suit that I wore today.
Yesterday I was upstairs putting clean sheets on a guest bed when the bishop (aka-my husband) came to the room and asked: "Do you remember how long you cried when you were released as Primary president way back in the '80's? Will you cry that long if I tell you that we are releasing you as the second counselor in Primary and calling you as a Relief Society board member over visiting teaching?" I had to ask him if it was for real!
I didn't cry. In fact, I was secretly happy. I love teaching in Primary but I do not like babysitting the unruly children. Many of them are so sweet one on one, but together in the Primary room, they become "worms in a can". I can still see them at church and talk with them, but I don't have to keep reminding them where they are and to listen and pay attention. Next week I will be sustained to my new calling.
Counsel for this post: Always say yes to a calling, even if you know it isn't your favorite one, because other people will benefit from your serving others, and you will learn things too.
No comments:
Post a Comment