
After the block of meetings, we met in the foyer for a few pictures. Here is the cute new baby in her blessing outfit, with her cute mommy.
In this photo, back row left: Bethany C., Guinevere W., Steve W., Carma W., Staci A. with baby Reese, Wesley A. being held by Eric A., Marilyn A., and Kim A.First row from left: Bethany's children Bella, Abby, Bradshaw C., Ben W. by his daddy Clark W., holding Cassius W., Lizzy C., being held by her daddy Danny C.
Another shot. The children were quite well behaved considering they had just been three hours in Sacrament meeting and Primary.
Grandpa Steve with grandson Cassius. Cassius is so friendly and smiling to all, so this picture doesn't show what a sweet little guy he is. Does he look tired?
Eric came down the hallway carrying Wesley, but Wesley was more interested in seeing what his cousin Ben was doing behind him. Ben is holding onto Clark's hand. Ben is growing so tall for a four year old. He loves to wear his little cowboy boots. They make him look tall and slender and the best part, he can put them on and take them off all by himself.

Before Sunday School started, I took this photo of Reese in her blessing outfit. She is such a happy baby!

More cute baby faces
After Wesley woke up from his nap after church, he ate some lunch and had a special treat of some chocolate. Do you see a little leftover?Getting his hands washed off.

Why are you taking my picture? or so he seems to be saying. He was still a little "off" from everything going on around him. Not to mention there were two sets of grandparents, an uncle and aunt and two cousins in the apartment, and he had just awakened from his nap.
A face we all love!
My advice for this post has nothing to do with the blessing or being on the east coast with two of our children and their families which we loved so very much. It is about change.
I walked out the door yesterday, Sunday morning, May 22 at 8:15 a.m. to go to choir warmup with my Relief Society lesson in my decorative bag, ready to give the lesson on "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" by President Monson. I remember thinking how much I loved my ward calling.
Following the choir warmup and with only seven minutes until Sacrament meeting began, the first counselor in the bishopric asked me to step into the office for a moment. He told me that he knew I loved my RS teaching calling but the Primary president had asked for me to be her second counselor! I shed a few tears. But I said yes as I know there are things I can learn and share with the 22 children in our ward.
I served as a Primary president in Plano, TX from January 1981 until July 1984 and at one point, the ward had grown to 350 children in Primary. After the ward split in 1983, we still had over 150 Primary children in our growing ward. Handling 22 children in Sharing time for a month at a time will be much easier! Plus I have all of you to give me great ideas to share.
When they read my name in Sacrament meeting, the Relief Society president shed tears also. I will miss that calling. But my love of teaching and experience will hopefully build young testimonies as they see how much I love the Savior!
Change is good. It makes me a better person.
2 comments:
Thank you for those precious pictures and for letting us know your news. I was definitely at the blessing in spirit, and it looked like it was a wonderful day celebrating Staci & Eric's beautiful girl! Yay for babies creating delightful family reunions! :)
I think you will be a wonderful counselor in your ward's Primary. You have a gift in teaching, and the children of the ward will be so blessed to have you and to know that they are loved by you and by their Heavenly Father through your words!
Love you, Mom!
Erlynne
Thanks for the cute blessing pics! Back in Primary-- how exciting! You'll do great. :)
Post a Comment