Monday, March 7, 2011

What we have been up to!

We bought another house to fix up, this one at 6550 Curacao (pronounced Cure-a-sew), a mere three miles from our house, north on Hollywood, west on Carey and north on Shatz.

Steve formed a new company, Mojave Capital, and brought investors for the deal. Roger Wool......is involved heavily, picking out paint colors, tile, carpet, fixtures, etc. We had the exterior and interior painted by Jorge, our favorite painting company, and the tile was laid last week. I need to get the "after" photos on the tile. I am still in the process of cleaning the tile. I vacuumed all the cement today.

The handyman, Brother Hansen, will install the new light fixtures and repair faucets on Wednesday, and the carpet will be laid on Thursday and Friday. We already have two different couples wanting to buy the house. We will see who can get financing first.

Here are a few 'before' and 'after' photos:


Before the landscaping crew of two brethren came on Saturday, March 5 to do the lawn and rocks, but after the exterior painting was finished.






After Steve bought some native arid plants to put by the front walk way and door. He labored about an hour putting in these beauties.






Before the cat urine infested carpet was removed, a side view of the fireplace. Notice the white tile. We considered leaving it, then opted to put all new tile down. A future post will show the new tile in this area. You can see the old linoleum and carpet, but fortunately for you, you can't smell how horrible it was.




After the fireplace went through the granite transformation. It looks even better with the new tile in front. Something to add in the next post.







The kitchen "before" it was transformed. The small four inch square ceramic tiles with dirty and cracked grout. The sink is visible in this photo, but it doesn't do it justice.





After the transformation and before the paint job. Notice the new faucet?
See how bland the walls look. The wall color Roger choose make the walls pop out and look so amazing.






This is before the exterior was painted, but after the workers had put stucco repairs all over the house. See how dirty the bottom of the walls were near the front walk way.





Here is the "after" the painting and landscaping of the front yard. Today the mail lady stopped her truck when she saw me putting the solar screen back on the window on the side. She wanted to know if I did solar screens. I told her I was cleaning this one. She said: "You have done such a great job on making this house look great. I have loved seeing the new transformation every day as I drive by."


Do you want to buy this house?

Advice: when you go to work on a house, even if you are just cleaning, make sure you have a tool box too.

2 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Wow Carma, you've been busy. I think that would be SO fun to be able to do a re-do. The outside looks really great. Can't wait to see what the cupboards look like when you're done.
Thanks for your comments.

Lana said...

Cute! Seeing the paint job makes me want to paint the exterior of our house. (well, have it painted!) I think it's really starting to need it. But I'm afraid of how much it costs. And I have so many more things on the list that take priority. sigh. :) But the stuff you guys have been doing is really great.