Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This is what happens when...


See the white light on the other side of the new counter tops?
Steve and Roger took it down, apart, and spray painted it a lovely dark rubbed bronze. When they put it back up, they left it hanging longer. About the heighth of my head.

I was cleaning the window facing the west, to the left in this picture. I turned around and was walking toward the window on the far right. I didn't look where I was going.
This is what happened.



Please excuse how horrible I look. I was in pain and this was taken three hours after I hit my head. This photo does not show it's full swelling and size, about the size of a baseball.
It was swollen from my hairline to my eyebrow. The cut in the middle was where I hit the glass rim of the light. It bled in spite of having an ice pack on it off and on for two hours.
I think I am going to have a shiner from this.


Moral to this story: watch where you are going!

3 comments:

Lana said...

OW!! That looks awful. Is your head just pounding?! So sorry that happened. OW!!!! (It's pretty much all I can say!!)

Laura Bernard said...

Oh MY Goodness! That looks SO nasty!! (But the house looks gorgeous!) Here's to a speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

You should tell people you got it in a gang turf war. That would up your street cred. Those relief society ladies would have to reconize then!