Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A new addition

Yes, Wesley is a new addition to my house right now. He turned 14 months on July 21st and is a joy. He loves to go for a walk with me to the mailbox to get the mail, in fact, he took his play set of keys early one morning and went to the front door with Grandpa Steve (GS). GS opened the door, thinking Wesley wanted to play with the lock, but instead, Wesley took off walking, barefooted, down the driveway, onto the street, heading south. GS tried to turn him around twice, but Wesley would have none of it. He was four houses away when he crossed the street to the group of mailboxes, and tried to put his play keys in the box lock. He knew where the mailbox was located and that he needed keys to get the mail! He helped me get the mail again today, though I carry him as it is too hot for his tiny feet on the hot street.


This is the new addition.

It was the creation of my talented oldest daughter Erlynne. She and I picked out the linen, the design and the colors years and years ago. It was so long ago that we have both forgotten when she began this cross stitch design for me. She found it about a month ago while reorganizing and cleaning in her house in Allen, and brought it as a surprise to me when she and her family drove from Allen, TX to Las Vegas on July 4th through the 24th to visit us. She finished the last of the stitches while she was here.

I hung it between the powder room and the downstairs bedroom suite, which is titled "Erlynne's Enclave."






Here are the sheep for all seasons. The top sheep is for WINTER, the second for SPRING.







The middle sheep is for SUMMER and the bottom sheep is for AUTUMN.

I sewed a backing of blue light-weight material, with an edge of checked beige and white trim. I weighted the bottom with a long bolt and put a wooden dowel in the top fold to hang with the matching trim material.



A work of art. Countless hours in the cross stitching, back stitching around the felt designs, and sewing on the gold beads and little bells around the sheep's necks. It is even signed by the artist: EWC 2010

What is your opinion?







(I hope you can make comments now, since I "unblocked" the set up. I just hope the Asian porn queen doesn't post any comments, as she has in the past)

4 comments:

Erlynne said...

Wow, the finishing fabric around the project looks fantastic! I love it! Thank you so much for posting the pictures of it so quickly!

I am so glad that I rediscovered this project and was able to surprise you with it when we came to visit. Every stitch was made with love, and it means the world to me that you can have it and enjoy it in your beautiful new home.

We love you and miss you. Thank you and Daddy again for such a wonderful time while we visited. My blog posts and pictures are soon to come!

Kate said...

That is such a nice "housewarming" gift. fun to see it pop up from the past

Lana said...

Wesley is a little genius, isn't he? :) Cute story. Furthermore, I love the cross stitch. It's so beautiful and works so perfectly right outside that door. She's pretty amazing!

Teri said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! Erlynne did a bang-up job!