I made a mind movie, as per my chiropractic doctor suggestion, and watch it first thing in the morning and the last thing before I go to bed. The mind has the ability to do positive things, especially for me, to heal, have continued good healthy and to gain weight.
(Sorry I can't upload it to blogger - I tried, but it said there were "errors" - it is very large and I can't get the music to be on the Power Point slide show yet. Dallin is going to come assist me on Saturday. I want my children to see it, because they are the main characters in my movie.!)
This photo of me was taken in 2006, when I was at my best weight, feeling great, etc. It is in my mind movie many times, so my "mind" can picture how I want to look again. It really is "all in my head," isn't it?
Now I know there will be some out there not feeling any empathy for me, but the same as a person who needs to lose weight, those of us who can't seem to gain weight have worries also. Whether you are over or under weight, your body could be affected by diseases and sicknesses that a normal weight person does not have.
I am getting so much better. I had my fifth session with Dr. Sue Hegel on Wednesday and she told me that I was getting my body back to normal with all the things I am doing. One factor she was concerned about had to do with IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1). "It plays an important role in childhood growth and continues to have anabolic effects in adults....In some experiments the amount of IGF-1 in the liver was positively associated with dietary casein (dairy) and negatively associated with a protein free diet...." The doctor said: "You must avoid all dairy until your body has healed properly and is not being affected by the casein in a negative way and eat plenty of protein to help your body grow."
Another interesting thing I read in a gluten free book, "infants under age 4 months should not be given any foods containing gluten as they may develop a sensitivity to gluten that could develop into Celiac or intolerance for gluten later in life....." I don't know if my father, mother, sister, or older brother stuck a piece of bread in my mouth before I was four months old, and it doesn't matter. What can matter to us - being knowledgeable about things like this can help our own children/grandchildren stay healthy all their lives. This article did say that breast fed babies are least likely to develop food sensitivities than bottle fed babies. So for you young mothers out there who give them the best stuff, I applaud you. It isn't easy but it is worth it!
I continue to eat gluten, dairy and soy free. Eating out has proven to be the hardest. I can't control what the cook may put on my fish or chicken breast. But my goal is to gain five pounds by the end of September.
Come on people, think your extra pound on to me!
2 comments:
How about if I just bring 5 pounds to you when I come to visit? I'll bring 5 in September and 5 more in December if you want them. Let me know. :)
I'm so glad you are doing better. Must feel great to have some improvement!
As for Lana, I really doubt she has ten pounds to spare, especially considering all the running she's got going right now!
Post a Comment