Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tis the season to be singing, playing....

This cold Sunday evening in Texas is the end of my choir season. After six concerts with Evening Song (Myerson Symphony lobby on Dec 3 & 4, Oklahoma City, OK on Dec 6, Frisco church on Dec 7, Keller retirement Thu. Dec 11, Paris, Tx Sat. Dec 13, and Ridgewood Church in Dallas on Sunday, Dec 14), organizing and carrying out the ward social and dinner on Friday, Dec 5th for 260 people, and directing the Plano Third Ward choir in sacrament meeting today, I am finished with singing for this season. I always love the music of Christmas, and it means more when I get to sing the songs of the season. Music is a joy in my life.

My other joy is my children. Dallin brought ice cream treats for the dessert, Erlynne and family brought veggies and hot out of the oven chocolate cookies, and I made lasagna, corn casserole, homemade orange rolls, and cloud pudding. We feasted and then opened presents to each other, kind of "before Christmas" fun as we won't be together on the real Christmas day.

Families are more important than anything. If felt good to sit in our warm living room and listen to the talk and banter of our two grandsons Ethan and Tristan, to hear Erlynne, Chris, and Dallin talking. I am the luckiest woman and mother in the world. I have children and a husband and grandchildren who love me. At this season, I always think about Mary, and how she must have felt at her Son's birth, knowing He was going to be her gift to the world. I am so grateful to know that the Savior's gift to us is eternal life. I am so blessed. The joy in my life is knowing the Savior's plan for me.

2 comments:

Lisa Easton said...

I just finished leading our ward choir as well. I love how at Christmas everyone love music and wants to sing. Music is an important part of the season. Merry Christmas!

Lana said...

Yeah! Wish we could have been there to banter too. :) Prepare for more eating, sitting around, a bit of singing and lots of relaxing. Wahoo!!