Another post in two days! Enjoy it while it happens.
Steve's colonoscopy went very well, with the prep the day before a piece of cake for him (is that fair that my two have been so awful and his is a dream?), and the procedure this morning. When the doctor came to tell us the results, he said Steve had done a good job of preparing and that his colon is very healthy. There was one tiny polyp near the rectum that the doctor removed and sent to pathology. The doctor says he is 99% sure it will be benign. Steve doesn't need to have another colonoscopy for five years. (My polyp removal in February was beign and I need to repeat the colonoscopy in four years)
Steve is now sitting in the gameroom with his feet up, his blanket keeping him warm and toasty, and watching "Cast Away." He will be able to return to normal activities in the morning.
My gastrointerologist called me yesterday at 5:35 p.m. She said the three biopsies she did in the swallowing tube, the stomach and the opening of the small intestine are negative with bacteria, and only a little bit of acid scaring. It was a very minor symptom and not to worry about it, but to eat six small meals a day, and avoid all gluten products. She suggested I drink 1/2 cup of aloe juice each day, and continue taking the enzymes and digestive aids that I currently take. Do you know how many products have gluten in them? That is one reason why I have such a small list of things I can eat. I tried dairy this past Monday - big mistake. So I continue to eat gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, and sugar free. I guess this is as good as it gets! Thanks for the prayers and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment