Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mountains in Las Vegas, Nevada

Dallin flew into town or Las Vegas to spend the week of his birthday. I can't believe I have a son that old! He was born on September 7, 1975.

We drove on hour north west to Mount Charleston. The temperatures dropped 20 degrees to 65 and it rained on us half the morning. Here is a photo taken before the hike. Notice the mountain in the background. That is Mount Charleston.


On the trail we took a self photo. You won't get to see the ones I erased, due to the poor quality of the pictures. Incidentally, Steve has lost 11 pounds in three weeks with Medifast and is going for 10-15 pounds.






Since this is my blog and I have only a few pictures of me during my years of motherhood, I try to take an occasional photo of me now.

After my sickness in 2007 we moved from Plano, Texas with me weighing a mere 91 pounds. I now weigh 102 or so. My massage therapist tells me I have more muscle now than when I first went to her in January. I am getting better.




The gorgeous view, the nice hike down the trail to the parking lot and the cooler temperatures made for a wonderful morning. Now we know where to go to get away from the heat of the dessert.

A short distance away and totally free, we have Mount Charleston. They get snow here all winter long. That is when I won't go to the mountain!






Lady's counsel: when hiking, it is always a good idea to have water along. Or one can pray for rain.

No comments: