Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Something old; something new!


Instead of helping with the donation clothing drive Monday morning, I was tending the water heater. That morning I discovered a slow drip and it appears that the valves on top are worn out. The water had been leaking long enough that the paint peeled off in strips on the stand it sits on. That will need to be repaired.

Of course, the home warrenty service company couldn't come Monday. I have had to empty the drip pan (the black pan on the left) every couple of hours and wring out the towel that soak up the water. The plumber will come today from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. So I continue to wring both the towels and my hands!




Steve and I found a wing-back chair for the living room at a consignment store on Saturday. It is very dramatic, sitting to the right of the fireplace, across from the couch. Just the right place to sit for home and visiting teacher visits. Or our many guests.




I am still searching for a second overstuffed chair to sit on the left of the fireplace. What color should I go with? Dark red? Gold? Rust? or another black? Or maybe something green.



In an attempt to spruce up the older furniture in the family room, I used a lime green fabric to cover the ottoman, remove the worn and frayed pillow covers and made new ones. I was creative enough to fix the feet on the bottom of the ottoman so they don't keep falling out. Thanks to duck tape!
While we were at the consignment store on Saturday, I saw this recliner. I know it has the "older" look. It is out of style. But it is comfortable and was cheap and I needed a place to sit with Steve to watch movies. All it needed was a little tough vacumning and dusting. And a newly-covered throw pillow to tie it with the other furniture.
I wonder: will I get a new water heater today? Will the home warrenty service company write it up as a failed appliance? Something new would give me peace of mind. And maybe I can stop wringing!

No comments: