We got new Nevada plates and driver's licenses. We are now officially Nevada residents. Those in Texas will recognize why we picked those numbers for our licenses.
We keep unpacking boxes, but we took a quick trip to Mesa, Az on Thursday morning. We had two purposes - to find some supplies for our new house and to visit with Lana and Porter and children. We were successful in both areas. We returned Friday evening.The only blemish was our stolen luggage. How did that happen? We didn't leave it sitting out somewhere. It was in Steve's Sportrac, but we must have not locked the truck carefully. When we were loading up the IKEA shelving that we have purchased, I opened the door to put in the cabinet knobs we have purchased and I turned to Steve and asked: "Did you move the suitcases?" No, he replied. I looked for them in several places, knowing I had brought them to the truck while at Lana's earlier. I then opened the front passenger door to put my notebook on the seat and discovered Steve's driving gloves and his bundle of key rings lying on the seat. Whoever opened the door had rifled through the console looking for valuables. Lana said it was a good thing they didn't find the key to the truck or we would have been missing the whole truck!
In Steve's leather duffel bag was a change of clothes, his shaving kit (leather), and his iphone adapter. In my bag was my favorite pajamas, my favorite turquoise winter pantsuit, my newest and favorite underwear, and my make up bag, also my favorite. It was a good thing I forgot to bring my eye glasses or they would have been in that bag also. I am bummed, but I know we were blessed. Another car had the window broken and a lap top computer taken from it. We have left Steve's laptop at home. The Chandler police office who took our report said there wasn't much hope of getting our stuff back! Bother!
Today at church I taught the Relief Society lesson on Chapter 45 while Steve taught the Priesthood lesson on Priesthood Responsibilities. Everyone said we did a terrific job. We are waiting for new callings. I am sure they will come soon. In a little while Steve is going to be the narrator for the stake Youth Christmas program. We have jumped right in.
We extend our Christmas greetings to all. Have a great holiday season and may you be sharing your joy and love with family. We will be.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment